Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Broccoli Salad.



Hi,this is my another experiment with Broccoli.The problem with broccoli is its smell,I don't like Raw broccoli.So when ever I thought of preparing recipes with Broccoli,I will cook atleast 5 mins in the micro wave,to avoid its raw smell.

Ladies,Whether you are arranging a big dinner party, or a pot-luck, Broccoli Salad is a wonderful recipe.Even it's very healthy breakfast.

The method of preparing and ingredients varies from hand to hand.It’s easy to make and healthy to eat.

All wee need

2Cups - Fresh broccoli florets(bite sized pieces)
1/2 cup - Cucumber cubes
1/4 Cup - Cashews & Raisins.

For dressing:

1/2 Cup - Orange juice(Tropicana,Tangerine juice)
Pepper
Salt

Method:

Boil the broccoli for 5 mins in the microwave by adding sufficient water.Drain it and take them in to bowl.Then add cucumber cubes to broccoli.

Now add orange juice,pepper,cashews & raisin and salt to broccoli and cucumber,mix it thoroughly.Thats all enjoy the healthy salad.

9 comments:

Dhivya said...

First time here..nice blog dear...salad looks yummy and sounds great too..

Purnima said...

Annu, nice and healthy salad!! I steam the brocolli with sprinkled water in mw, then sautee it for a min in extra virgin olive oil along with crushed garlic n pepper pwdr,salt, the rawness/bitterness disappears making broccoli more flavourful! Tks for sharing!

Unknown said...

nice and healthy salad annu:)

FH said...

We love Broccoli, it's the Cabbage smell my family don't like!:D
Lovely salad Annu,I will try! Healthy and yummy.

http://foodieshope.blogspot.com

Annu said...

Dhivya : Thanks for visiting my blog.

Purnima : Next time will sure try your style.Thanks purnima.

Saswati: Thanks I saw your blog its nice.

Asha: Thanks a lot asha.I am very happy by seeing comments in my blog.Thanks a lot...........

Uma said...

Wow, the salad looks so yummy! A health one!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

mmmm salad !!! Photo looks good.
never tried this salad. will try it sometime

FH said...

Annu, I left a comment on your pepper post. Check here for mine!

http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2007/07/
hot-or-cold-your-choice.html

and check the new post too at FH, another side dish for you!:)

Lakshmi said...

Healthy and simple, that is the way I like