Monday, March 3, 2008

Ridge gourd with Moong dal



This is actually a traditional type of recipe.My mom prepares this really tasty.

Its also know as 'Nethi birakaya'.Lets check this out.

Ridge Gourd - 1(Long)
Moong dal - 1 Cup (Soaked in water for 1 hour and drained)



Tomato - 1 (Medium)
Turmeric - Pinch
Green chilles - 2 r 3
Milk - 1/2 Cup
Salt

For seasoning:

Butter r ghee - 2 Tbsp
Mustards
Urad and chana dal

Method:

Peel the skin of ridge gourd and chopp it in to small cubes and keep it aside.

Heat ghee in a pan,then add mustards,urad and chana dal and slitted green chilles.Then add chopped tomatos,let it cook till mushy.

Then add chopped ridge gourd and soaked moong dal,let it cook till ridge gourd soften.

Now add Milk,turmeric powder,red chilli powder and salt,stir it thoroughly and allow it to cook for another 2 to 3 mins.

Thats all,it goes very well with Rice.

10 comments:

Dhivya said...

Wow!one ridge gourd sitting in my fridge for one week....will try this..yummy recipe...

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Thove looks nice annu :)

Trupti said...

I love this sabji..my recipe is same as you

FH said...

Love it, I make it with Moong dal too.Looks delicious Annu!:)

Annu said...

Thank You girls,yes its really yummy recipe.

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe. Never tried it with moong dal. Very delicious. must try one.

Jayashree said...

I hardly ever cook anything with ridgegourd. I like your recipe...sounds simple and delish.

Lakshmi said...

good one! My MIL cooks with chanadal. Will try your way next time.

Uma said...

looks so yummy, annu! never tried ridge gourd with moong dal. Sounds cool.

Sagari said...

nice one, me too love that curry