Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Halwa / Kesari Bath



Kesari bath,this is authentic tasty dessert.Usually prepares on poojas like 'Sathyanarayan vratham'

Actually I am little free till march first week.So,I am relaxing now,but I love cooking.If I am at home I always try something are other.I prepared Kesari so many times,but I never posted it.

Finally today I am posting one of my favourite dessert 'Rava Kesari'

Ingredients

1 Cup - Rava (Semolina,Sooji)
1 Cup - Sugar
1/2 Cup - Milk
1 1/2 Cup - Water
3 Tbsp - Ghee
2 Cardamom pods
1/4 Tbsp - Orange food colour

Method:

Take 1 tbsp ghee and sooji together in a frying pan and let it fry till a nice aroma comes.Don't over fry,and keep it aside.



Now in the same pan add water and sugar,stir it till sugar dissolve completely.Now add Milk,food colour and cardamom powder.

Then add roasted sooji and keep stirring to avoid lumps.Then add remaining ghee and let it cook till it leaves the walls of pan smoothly.

Take out into bowl and serve in cups by decorating with raisins and grated cashews nuts.

6 comments:

FH said...

Kesari bhath is my favorite, looks yummy!:)

Annu said...

Thanks Asha.Yesterday I sent few recipes for potato event.

Uma said...

Kesari Bath looks so good. You have very mouth-watering andhra recipes in your blog. Keep posting more. thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Sagari said...

all time favvv looks yummyyyy

Annu said...

Thanks Uma and sagari

Unknown said...

happened to drop by your blog..Its nice..Ur kesari looks tempting..its my all time favourite..WIll try for sure..