Sunday, March 16, 2008

Maddur Vada



'Maddur Vada' is a popular and tasty snack in Karnataka.

For name sake this is 'Vada' but its very thin,crispy and spicy.........

I remember having this vada in my childhood days and I totally forgot about this.When I saw this on Asha's blog,it was nostalgic.

Thanks Asha,I am dedicating this to you.

Ingredients:

Rice flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sooji - 1 cup
2 r 3 - Green chilli( Chopped finely)
Onions - 1 Large ( Finely chopped)
Red Chilli powder
Salt
Oil for deep frying

Method:

Heat oil in a pan for deep frying,mean while.......

Mix rice flour,All purpose flour,sooji,red chilli powder,green chillis,Chopped onions and salt make a tight dough by adding sufficient water.

Make lemon sized balls of the dough and On a greased plastic sheet press the balls with the help of fingers till its flat and round.

Now slowly drop this in to the hot oil and let it fry till golden brown colour.

Enjoy!!!!!!

11 comments:

FH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FH said...

My fave vade, looks good Annu. Love it, it's been a long time since I made them, got to make again! Glad you enjoyed them! :)

Uma said...

Looks yum! Wonderful vadas.

Dhivya said...

tempting vadas...loooks simple to make and yummm

Unknown said...

looks tasty...i remember having them in our train journeys from mysore to bangalore!!!!

Lakshmi said...

looks yummy Annu. I make them at home and we love them too.

Cham said...

No need to grind , sounds great ...

Annu said...

Asha; Yes asha its really yummy.

Uma,Dhivya and Sowmya :Thanks friends.

Lg:Yes even we like it so much

Cham: No need to grind,thats the special.

Rupa said...

Love these yum vadas..Maddur is my Grandmom's place and we used to have it in station hotel whenever I visited her...Thanks for bringing back past memories

Mansi said...

the vadas look really inviting Annu!:)

Sagari said...

vadas looks golden and crisp yumyy