Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rava Ladoo/ semolina ladoo



I have never made Rava laddoos before and this is my first attempt. My Grandmother is the Rava laddoo queen in the family melt-in-the-mouth.Not very sure how she prepare till i made an attempt,now i no her secret of making Rava ladoo

Vishnu had plate full of these,along with his favourite coffee(He like my hand made
coffee a lot).


All we need

1 Cup - Golden Roasted Semolina and 1/2 cup - Sugar(according to who much sweetness u prefer) and



Quarter cup of both Cashew nuts,Raisins and Quarter cup Ghee



Fry cashew nuts till golden brown and remove keep it aside.

Now in the same frying pan fry Rava till aroma comes out,don't over fry.so fry it on medium flame.once done remove it.Once rava gets cool,mix both fried rava and sugar and blend it for a sec.

Now pour remaining ghee into the pan once ghee melts,add the powdered rava and sugar,fries cashews nuts and sprinkle Cardamom powder, stir it for 2 Min's.

Remove from heat and let cool.When warm enough to handle,make finest ladoos.
If it become powdery use a few drops of milk to form ladoo shape.That's all

1 comment:

myscrawls said...

Hi Annu,

Rava Laddo looks perfect and delicious :)

I am Anu from My Scrawls. I have posted my version of rava laddu in my blog. Do visit my blog in ur free time. would be happy to receive ur comments :)